NCC was started in the college in 2003. For first two years the college NCC was under a Care Taker Officer (CTO) Sri Debashish Chowdhury Assistant Professor in History. Thereafter the CTO was sent for 4 months training to Officers’ Training Academy OTA Indian Army, Kamptee Nagpur in November 2005. The course called PRCN (Pre Commission Course NCC) carried on till February 2006, which made the CTO a Commissioned Officer of NCC Indian Army Wing with the rank of Lieutenant and the position of Associate NCC Officer (ANO). The Unit with which the college NCC is affiliated is 1 Bengal Battalion NCC, Kol ‘C’ group, West Bengal & Sikkim Directorate. The address of the unit is Jodhpur Park, Kolkata-68. The college unit is ½ Coy with a strength of 150 cadets distributed over 1st, 2nd and 3rd years.
The college cadets have successfully participated in CATC camps, Thal Sena Camps TSC, Mavalankar Shooting Camp, NIC and RDC. The cadets have excelled in all these camps. Our cadet Pintoo Kushwaha got Governor’s Medal in 2007. Senior Under Officer Piyush Jha has got employed in Indian Army Education Corps in 2010. Our Junior Under Officer Bandana Orao got employed as personnel of West Bengal Police. Our Girl Cadet Farzana Begum received Nursing Training in Army Command Hospital, New Alipur, Kolkata.
List of important national camps attended by college cadets
- National Integration Camp (NIC) Bakloh, Dalhousie conducted by Nabha Group, PHHPC Dte 2006
- National Integration Camp (NIC) Mananthvady, Kannur conducted by Kerala Dte 2008
- River Rafting Camp, Singtam, Gangtok, Sikkim 2010
- Coastal Trekking Camp, Puri, Odisha conducted by Odisha Dte 2011
- Special NIC, Peddapuram, Vishakhapatnam conducted by Andhra Pradesh Dte 2012
- Special NIC, Peddapuram, Vishakhapatnam conducted by Andhra Pradesh Dte 2013
- National Integration Camp, Bharatpur, Rajasthan conducted by Rajasthan Dte 2015
- National Games Camp, RDC, DG NCC, Parade Ground Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi 2016