The department has been a part of the college from its very inception.The founding fathers of the college found it expedient to open this college with the department of History enshrined in it. The department has seen many glorious and exalted faculty in the past. The Honours course was introduced in the session 2012-13.
It is our pride that students get to attend and listen to some of the lectures delivered by teachers in the department. The lectures have to be delivered in the highest possible tone and volume possible so it to be audible for 250 student standing at the back of the class.Tutorial classes are conducted in batches of 15-20 students; regular test evaluated their progress and performance over time.
- The tutorial batches of about 5 – 10 students. This is special help to Honours students.
- There is a rich Honours Reference Library with about 200 titles of highly acclaimed National and International Publication Houses.
- The journal subscribed is The Asiatic Society Journal.
- Students are enriched by regular exposure to seminars, workshops, tours, films, documentaries and educational excursions.
- Teaching is more interactive than lecture mode. All modern pedagogical tools and teaching methods are used.
Principal, Dr. Sandeep Sinha, Ph.D (J.U.), Post-Doc(Birmingham et Oxford) [On Leave]